Weekly Update for May 10-14
While we are not back at full capacity 100% with all of our students, last week was a welcome sight seeing most of our students back in the building. Aside from a few hiccups, most things went off without a hitch. I suspect everyone was just happy to be back together again and adjusted accordingly. Thank you to everyone for their efforts in assisting to get us back to where we are. In the mean time, there are some important announcements to go over. Please see below:
Monday is 1/2 day for Teacher Professional Development with dismissal at 1:00pm.
Food Services Survey:
If you have not completed this survey, please click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GS92FLT
Covid Related Updates and Changes:
* Students, when outside, are now able to interact with other students outside of their cohort if they remain distanced and masked. Students must still remain with their respective schools (Upper and Lower)
* Students that are in person and choose to work remotely for the day without an excused absence or allowance to do so, will be marked absent. Students need to stay consistent in their preferred method of attendance. If a student will be absent and plans to attend remotely, please notify the office so that it may be noted.
* Enrichment classes for all students, both remote and in person, are now 4 days a week.
* If your child is sick, please email Attendance@kreiva.org. I will need to know their name and their symptoms. Calls to the main office will not count for an excused absence.
* Please keep your child home if they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, cold or flu like illness. To return after an illness, students need to be temperature free 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
* Please speak with your child regarding appropriate mask wearing. We are finding a bit more push back from from the students on this. We are all wearing masks, to provide the safest environment that will ultimately allow us to get back to normal at some point.
* Wednesdays are still Crew days from 8:30-9:00am with extra help days for students to meet either virtually or in person from 9:00 to 12:30 with their teachers or special education coordinators. If students are coming into the building, they need to have this set up with their teachers the day prior by 4PM.
* Progress reports are being emailed home
* LS students will be doing their SAS NH State testing this week
* May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Mrs. Williams is bringing tons of resources and info to the students through daily announcements.With this past year being a tough one for most, these tips and tricks to help boost morale are great! Feel free to check them out yourselves!
* May 18th is the Career & Trades Fair for students.
* There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 31st in honor of Memorial Day.
* We are working on a bunch of fun activities for the last week of school! More info to come soon.
*Exhibition Night is June 10th. Students have until June 3rd to submit work to teachers for the Exhibition website.
* LAST DAY OF SCHOOL is June 11th.
Tal Bayer, Head of School
Kreiva Academy Public Charter School